Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

The Spring Awakining

It started in the middle of the night and went through dawn this morning. The dogs on the river started getting restless. You can track the wild life through listening to the dogs howls and barks. The sound of unrest drifts down stream. The volume gets louder, as the wild animal gets closer and awakens the neighboring dogs by its smell. At some point, half asleep through their conversations of warning, I could hear prancing feet pacing back and forth on my deck. My Boarder was going nuts at this point..........Knowing that my dogs were secure, my Boarder in the "Foo Dog" room (my mud room) and Tolinka on my bed, I wasn't too concerned, however......My boarder was sounding her "bark alarm." When a strange animal is around, like a coyote, (not another dog) my boarder barks like she has a mouth of mashed potatoes that warns my two cats and neighboring dogs to take cover....they always do. I got up around 5 A.M. and let the Boarder out knowing there would not be a chase. In her mind, she is much too "wise" for such nonsense. (16 years old this July) I waited and searched the immediate area with my Boarder and watched as she investigated the strange smells that were left behind, but what ever was there had now gone further down stream. Tolinka on the other hand, snuggled a bit deeper into my bed and didn't make a sound, letting my Boarder take charge outside. :)

It's time to keep watch for those of you who live in or near the wild......

No kidding MizM.

We were hearing little singing frogs the other day out by the dog park.

And the small wildlife is awakening: Squirrels, Coons, Peacocks and such are all making regular appearances again.

That is so cool. I am determined to see the Coyotes in our neighborhood, this year. Their hours are not my hours, but I look forward to the experience.

There is so much wildlife in my neighborhood that I haven't seen. River Otter, bear (everyone else has seen it, but not me), lynx, and elk for starters.

We have too many trees. I can't see any of the forest for the trees.

Time to take a walk Karen....Have Star wake you up....oooooh its so early.

ha :lol: ha :lol: ha

No kidding MizM.

We were hearing little singing frogs the other day out by the dog park.

And the small wildlife is awakening: Squirrels, Coons, Peacocks and such are all making regular appearances again.

I hear you! We have a small water arrangement in the back yard and boy are those frogs LOUD!!!!!!! Even during this nasty stormy weather I can still hear them at night. When we stop hearing them then that lets us know the coons are coming in the yard and feasting.

Do you have peacocks in your neighborhood too? We had as many as 27 at one time. Now we have maybe 5 and I am sure the only female left is starting to show signs of wanting to nest. I use to get so mad at them. Sure enough right after I'd plant primroses or violas here they come and eat all of my flowers. Before Hawk they use to come in our back yard and sit by the patio door. There was this one female that loved to watch the t.v. we had in the family room. I wish I would have taken a picture of that.

Enjoy your wildlife.

Oh man! Peacocks sitting on your back porch? That sounds so cool.

At our new place there are wild Turkeys roaming around. Not as good as Peacocks, but we are still happy to see them.

Lots and lots of dogs not on leash, there. Lucky there is even a squirrel.

thats so cool I am at the park early and the birds have allstarted coming back to nest Malachi chase a fox yesterday and the deer are starting to come in the field again to graze we dont have all the exciting animals as all of you but it is beautiful and the flowers have all started coming up.

peacocks ha neat

It started in the middle of the night and went through dawn this morning. The dogs on the river started getting restless. You can track the wild life through listening to the dogs howls and barks. The sound of unrest drifts down stream. The volume gets louder, as the wild animal gets closer and awakens the neighboring dogs by its smell. At some point, half asleep through their conversations of warning, I could hear prancing feet pacing back and forth on my deck. My Boarder was going nuts at this point..........Knowing that my dogs were secure, my Boarder in the "Foo Dog" room (my mud room) and Tolinka on my bed, I wasn't too concerned, however......My boarder was sounding her "bark alarm." When a strange animal is around, like a coyote, (not another dog) my boarder barks like she has a mouth of mashed potatoes that warns my two cats and neighboring dogs to take cover....they always do. I got up around 5 A.M. and let the Boarder out knowing there would not be a chase. In her mind, she is much too "wise" for such nonsense. (16 years old this July) I waited and searched the immediate area with my Boarder and watched as she investigated the strange smells that were left behind, but what ever was there had now gone further down stream. Tolinka on the other hand, snuggled a bit deeper into my bed and didn't make a sound, letting my Boarder take charge outside. :lol:

It's time to keep watch for those of you who live in or near the wild......

Time to take a walk Karen....Have Star wake you up....oooooh its so early.

ha :lol: ha :lol: ha

LOLOL- Oooooo MizM, That's Mean!

I wouldn't be that mean to Karen...

(note time of post :lol: )

(note time of post blink.gif )

But sometimes it just happens.......... :lol: Good morning :lol:

LOLOL- Oooooo MizM, That's Mean!

I wouldn't be that mean to Karen...

(note time of post :lol: )

Hey, I'm often awake at 2 am.

• 2 weeks later...