Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Aidogs Die In House Fire

We unfortunately have some sad news to share with our family of

AI dog owners around the world. A fellow owner named Dave Williams

recently lost his house and all his belongings to a fire in the state of

Florida. Even worse, he lost his 2 AI dogs, Tola and Two-Scoops, his border collie,

and his girlfriend's dog in the fire ....

I'm sure the older owners remember Wakisa that Dave lost, killed by neighbor's pit bulls also a few years ago at the same location.

Very sadly, his girlfriend that had just moved in with all of her

belongings and her dog, lost everything also.

Words can not even come close to the thought of losing these dogs ....

all of us are deeply affected and sending Dave all of our positive energy, and lighting prayer sticks, and directing smoke in their direction.

The firemen said the dogs went quickly, in about 30 seconds with minimal to no suffering. As tragic as this all is, that bit of news gives me some comfort.

If any one can donate anything ... Gift cards will be appreciated and he needs stuff from Home Depot and Lowes, more than anything else right now. He plans to rebuild as soon as possible.

Those can be sent to:

Dave Williams, c/o Doreen Williams-Gindin,

3 Bonnie Lane,

Palm Coast, FL 32137.

We have some pictures up of Dave and his dogs that you can see here:

http://www.indiandogs.com/dwjrace.html

and we have been planning to add more for some time, honoring Wakisa "the fastest Indian dog on record" giving the AI dogs the 3rd fastest breed in the world ....

All of Dave's dogs lost in the fire, now. We are all so sorry and understand

how it feels to lose a cherished member of your family.

Like Dave says, "It's almost deafening the silence now of no dogs barking" - "asking to chase a frisbee."

Let's all give our dogs lots of hugs in reflecting this horrible loss for Dave and the AI dog family of owners and dogs ----

Kim La Flamme ~ founder/trustee of the AIDog breed for over 45 years

When Kim first heard, he was pretty torn up. It took him a while to get his words together.

One really beautiful thing he wrote to me was,"..today after hearing about Dave’s dogs I went out and spent about ½ hour with each & every dog out there in all the compounds & just made the time & could feel the endless love & appreciation from each & every one of them, like they knew what had happened & were consoling me."

So as he says, hug your dogs, make a little extra time for them, today.

Oh No.

That kind of loss is heartbreaking. - It is our worst fear.

To lose everything, and to lose the irreplaceable things- like members of your family.

I have no thoughts that can mend, no words that can console.

All I can do is Love my dogs a little more today and every day. And share any support and love I can with Dave and his girlfriend.

You will be in our thoughts.

Sad to hear about their loss of loved ones and personal property. God be with them!

Words can not express the sadness that I feel for Dave's loss.

Hawk, Darin and I have fond memories of Tola, Wakiza and Two Scoops. Shortly before Dave left for Florida a number of AID owners in the area got together with Julie Padberry of Beaverton. Julie is the owner of Pepsi and Tahaya. We met at a local dog park along with countless other breeds. What I was impressed by was the fact that most of the 8 AID's that were there never met. But they seemed to know that they belong together. The 8 ran together as a pack for most of the day.

Dave introduced us to lure racing. The AID's put on quite a show for those watching. Even my Hawk who had never done this before almost beat his brother Two Scoops.

When I found out about this fire earlier in the week I had such an ache in my heart and still do. For those of you who have met Dave you know what a character he can be. But better yet he has such passion for his dogs.

Let's all take a moment out of our busy lives and give that special furry kid an extra hug. We all know what joy and unconditional love they bring to us.

Hawk wants to send his brother Two Scoops a special ARF ARF ARF! Scoops will know what he means.

Dave, you are in our prayers and thoughts today and those days to come.

Always, Lisa, Darin and Hawk

NO this can't be, is my first thought....I cannot even imagine or begin to know how they must feel....my heart aches for them.....so sorry for this....Ken, Maria, Chhaya and Koda send all their love to Dave and his Girlfriend! When we watch Chhaya and Koda run, play frisbee, and ball we will think of the pups they lost!!! Again so sorry for the loss......

I read this thread this morning, and couldn't bring myself to respond til now....this evening. Tears of sorrow, heavy heart, and a depth of loss that I can't even begin to convey in words. This is what I have felt for you all day. These medicine dogs bring substance, a magical understanding of their surrounding and ours, and an unlimited love into our lives that I can not even begin to describe with words. It can only be found in the heart and soul. May each day become easier for you, may the spirits of Tola, Wakiza and Two Scoops, surround you like a warm soft summer breeze for decades to come. May their memories bring laughter to your hearts every day.

Hoooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwllllll

Tolinka

We've only had our Draco since April. He's not even a year old.

It feels like he's been in our family forever.

I'm sitting here in the dark bawling. Draco asleep at my feet farting. Joan and I can't imagine him not being here.

Did I read somewhere, "tears float the crossing boat"?

We cry a full river so those great beings have an easy crossing.

Blessings. Blessings. Blessings.

A mentor a long time ago whispered in my ear and I had to go look it up. "Esto también pasará." "This, too, shall pass."

In the meantime my heart stretches to breaking.

This is such a horrible tragedy. I hope the survivors of the fire find peace and comfort somehow. I'm very very sorry that his happened.

Just heard that Dave is receiving an outpouring of generosity. Many are sending gift cards his way as a way to help with his re-building.

Unfortunately it some times takes a tragedy to shake us up and to not take life for granted.

Have you hugged your kid today????????????????????? Either furry or not, we all need a little extra ounce of love.

Lisa

this is vvery upsetting Ilook at mune and dont know what I would do if I lost them does anyone what started the fire and where the parents were , I have them in my prayers and healing group .

It was an electrical fire, I understand. They had had some work done, maybe the day before....? They were only gone about 40 minutes.

We are having some electrical work done on our new house, today. I'm so glad we are, and you can bet that I'll test it thoroughly, before leaving the dogs.

I am thinking about a dog door, or some sort of escape route.

Problem with a dog door, is that I don't want them outside causing trouble while I'm gone. So that defeats the purpose. We are surrounded by big, loud and barky dogs. Close fence lines. I don't want them learning to bark incessantly, like the neighbor's dogs.

Anyone have any ideas for an escape route?

It is something we all worry about. I would love to come up with a solution. If we can find one, perhaps Tola and Two Scoops can prevent it happening to another dog.

I wonder if it is possible to connect a dog door to the fire alarm system. So that when the alarm goes off, the dog door is unlocked. That way, you could keep them inside while you're gone, but allow them to escape in case of emergency.

I'll announce when we have added the extra pictures of Dave and his dogs to Kim's page.

• 4 weeks later...

Dave wants to thank you all for your support

Since i asked for new inlogcodes and got them,but only can acces the public forum i let you know from this topic that there are T-shirts,buttons,bumperstickers and many more made ,especially for this occasion,and for this i made a new aidog logo with Tulip,Spirtitt and Waya on it, all profits will go directly too Dave for the rebuilding of his house.

i noticed some one asked for t-shirts and bumperstickers, so here is your change.

I also made a photo book from various Aidogs, dutch and The american once i met and American wich were so kind to donate beautifull photo's of there dogs.

again all profits of this book will go to the good cause.

here are the links, you can order directly from lulu,cafepress or zazzle, if you wish to buy

[Edited by Admin]

hope you all enjoy watching them and better buying them, since every penny will go, as mentioned before, to dave in giftcards to rebuild his house that burned tru this tragedy

Cant bring back his wonderfull dogs Tola,Badness and 2 Scoops but hope to get him a little on his feeth with a roof above his head

thnx for reading this

Gea

**These items are to benefit an individual, but not sanctioned by the IIDOBA. We cannot verify that all photos are American Indian Dogs.

Maybe better i start a new topic, this is the only place i can, since im not allowed on all topics

remeber all profit on all products will go to Dave Williams who's house and dogs burned in januari

so all the Aidog stuff you can see and buy on:

[Edited by Admin]

**These items are to benefit an individual, but not sanctioned by the IIDOBA. We cannot verify that all photos are American Indian Dogs.

Edited by Allison

Love the Photobook

Some of those pics are Truly Beautiful!!

Thank you for sharing the links, and it seems like a nice way to help and donate money to Dave and Family in Florida after the fire.

Gea,

We have updated your access, and you are free to post anywhere.

ive been hacked last night so here are the links again

remember all profits go to the rebuild of dave's house in florida, so its not for my personal benifit

[Links removed at Kim's request]

ive been hacked last night so here are the links again

remember all profits go to the rebuild of dave's house in florida, so its not for my personal benifit

[Links removed at Kim's request]

Gea,

Sorry, If you misunderstood me when we spoke in person. I had intended for you to add your comments to the thread we had started for Dave, with our chosen method of donation.

The AI dog breed club IIDOBA was created for our “First Nations Dogs / AI dogs” and does not allow companies or individuals to market or advertise anything, “even AI dog related” materiel on our member’s forum that has not been sanctioned by the Board of Directors. This not only creates way too much spam, but the purpose of the members breed club forum is “for the dogs”. You are welcome to petition the board of directors if you like, for any “AI dog related” materiel but we do not plan on changing our rules already in place on this subject, that all goes for the dogs.

We already have T-shirts and have already begun the process of creating our own IIDOBA goods and items.100% of the money from these will go to the dogs, thanks to our members donating there pictures, artistic talent and time. We welcome any donations of time, pictures, or art contributions you may have to contribute to the AI dogs, through the forum. Thanks for understanding, and for following these necessary rules and parameters developed for our owner’s forum, by the AI Dog Board of Directors and Founder, when it was first created.

P.S. – You are certainly welcome to add to the “Dave subject thread” as I invited you to do with related information; to add your comments and remind members of what we already put up concerning donations to Dave, but please do not put company or individual marketing links up, other than what we have already put up ourselves on related subjects. As a member please do join in on other related subject pages, thanks ~

Kim La Flamme ~ founder/trustee of the AIDog breed for over 50 years -- www.indiandogs.com

Gea,

This has been such a heart braking experience for Dave. It has been absolute hell for him. I know that lots of people on this forum are doing what they can through Home Depot etc. to help Dave in his time of need. I know we all wish we had the magic to make this terrible experience fade from his life, but that can only happen through time.

When you speak to him next, be sure to tell him that we all have him in our thoughts and prayers, and wish him peace and fast healing. Bless you for being such a great friend to him.