Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

"eyes Have It"

Tamarack's are I suppose what you would call amber. Reddish brown with a right of light gold around the iris. Not as stunning as the paler eyes many of these guys have, but beautiful nonetheless!

I've noticed that a lot of Newkim's puppies have brown eyes (and a good many of them seem to be predominantly black in coat color, except for Willow of course!). I wonder if it's a Tahltan thing.

8.jpg

10.jpg

Lili's got plain old brown eyes....but they're beautiful to me....

Wicca's eyes were so dark when we first brought her home. They are changing.

We could only make out pupils in very specific lighting conditions. It was hard to tell when she was looking at you.

Now they seem to be lightening a bit and there is no doubt when she fixes you in her gaze.

Wicca comparison.jpg

A lot of trainers recommend a variation of the "Focus" command. "Look at me." Whatever word used, it is my favorite!! I love getting fixed in my dogs focus. It thrills me. It bonds us.

The Eyes have IT.

• 3 weeks later...

I still think we should dedicate a month on next year's calendar, or possibly the cover to Just Eyes.

These dogs have some Amazingly Beautiful Eyes!!!

I still think we should dedicate a month on next year's calendar, or possibly the cover to Just Eyes.

I totally agree Star. That would be not only really different, but interesting to capture different expressions in their eyes. I like it!

Agreed.

Shappa's Eyes

Shappa Eyes.jpg

Draco's Eyes

Draco\'s Eyes.jpg

Wicca's Eyes

Wicca\'s Eyes.jpg

Oh dog! That is so cute.

Waki's sister, Little Lili eyes.....can't believe it's been a month already!

eyes.jpg

Edited by Chinatola

Liz, I'm with you. Denakka and I are alone in the house and he's very camera aware. It's hard to even snap a photo of him sleeping! He's right up on me immediately. Asking him to sit sort of works, but only sort of. I have more luck when I have visitors--either human or canine or both! But it's a real struggle. So many opportunities lost. Have lots of pictures of his nose, however!

We have lots of pictures of big noses.

Have lots of pictures of his nose, however!

Bwahahahhahahahhaha! That's perfect! Lili seems to like to have her picture taken...at least right now. I'm sure, like all things, that too will change...

• 2 weeks later...

Embers! That is the perfect description. When the light hits them just right they really do glow.

I got this photo a couple weeks ago and I love it because the look in his eyes is the same as in that one of greatgreatgreatgreatgrandma Dusty as a young thing.

31.jpg

What a LʘʘK

Lovely

:)

Well those sound just about perfect for the speed, motion, & balance thread! (wink wink nudge nudge :ph34r:)

Just wait til grasshopper season comes around... Stalking, pouncing on, and consuming grasshoppers is a professional sport not to be taken lightly up here.

Yep, Denakka's favorite toys are of the flying variety--the toys that fly around lights at night or jump around in the grass! I've often thought I should go buy him some crickets that folks feed to their lizards and frogs and turn them loose in the yard. It'd keep D busy for hours! I love watching the antics--he sort of turns half cat. Moths drive him crazy because of the random way they seem to fly. He gets them however if they venture down far enough. He still gets confused when they stop moving--he'll nudge them with him nose as if to say, "Come, on. Let's play a little longer."