Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Sitka Goes To The Dog Park

This last weekend, I walked the boys early, then we dropped Coyo at home, and Sitka and I went to our local dog park. It was his first time.

His first good pal was a Lab/Coyote mix. They played and ran, and it was heaven. The people were crowded around some chairs, and the dogs used the chairs as base. Sitka was very comfortable with people, but the dogs were new.

One dog tried to mount him. He was a hairy small mound of a dog, I can't guess the breed, but no real bother to Sitka. The owner was very upset, but I told him no reason to be.

Once when it got a bit too close, Sitka jumped straight up in the air, like a deer. No lap dogs could bother a fireball like that!

He charmed all the people, and they took to calling him "blue eyes".

Funny thing, after eight years, someone remembered me, and Coyo! I told them the story of how Coyo was so great until the three days in a row, of being attacked by the same 3 Pit Bulls. I suggested that I might have trained him better, and that perhaps it was my fault, but several of them laughed.

They asked me,"You know what we do when the Pits arrive?"

"We leave."

I had to laugh, too.

When the Lab/Coyote left, so did we. He had trouble getting his dog to follow, because he and Sitka were tight by then. So when we both went, the dogs came too.

Easy come, and easy go. He helped me with my dog, as much as I helped him, and no one had to wrestle.

Sitka got to run his little legs off, and had a ball.

Allison,

Which dog park? Draco gets to run loose at our home but would like to give him the opportunity somewhere else!

We are in Lynnwood. Are you in Seattle or Walla Walla now?

Yay!

Good DogParks Rock! We have several around here.

And we too Leave when the obnoxious/dangerous arrive. Those few that think it is Kewl to have their dogs be aggressive towards other dogs or people ruin it for the rest of us. It's funny, some of us just caravan to the 'other park' when the Pitts arrive (not stereotyping dog breeds, but as in "Those guys are the Pitts!" L0L)

I'm glad Sitka had a good time and made new friends.

Nothing like a dog having dog-buddies :D

hey I know the feeling the were Iused togo the owners never would do anything tocorrect thier dog one guy left his dog inthe park and went to wax his car like the park was going to babysit him and then got upset when someone corrected his dog gofigure that why I am upand out ewarly before anyone of the stupids come we have what I call the breakfast club we all show up coffe in hand and thedogs are like a pack they run the park

Yay!

Good DogParks Rock! We have several around here.

And we too Leave when the obnoxious/dangerous arrive. Those few that think it is Kewl to have their dogs be aggressive towards other dogs or people ruin it for the rest of us. It's funny, some of us just caravan to the 'other park' when the Pitts arrive (not stereotyping dog breeds, but as in "Those guys are the Pitts!" L0L)

I'm glad Sitka had a good time and made new friends.

Nothing like a dog having dog-buddies :D

sounds like fun.

we are lucky to have many places for Lola to run off leash. The dog park is a couple miles away, and it's pretty cool. It's unfenced and like 20 acres, but it is one field w/in the park that the dogs play together.

On one occasion, Lola was almost attacked by a pit (good thing she's fast). On another occasion, a pit attacked another dog, and the owner of the pit didn't seem to think it was a problem. You can imagine the confrontation between the owners.

I know you can't judge a dog entirely by it's breed, but the aggressive dogs are very disproportionately bit bulls (in my observation). Many friendly pits I've known are a little sketchy and nervous, and they make me uncomfortable.

Hey! Where are the photos? It's a doggy milestone.

You are right about that, and I'll take the camera next time. I just wanted to stay focused, and help him to enjoy the experience. I suppose that is the difference, really, as some people just kick back and do not want to be responsible for their dogs.

its hard when people dont take responsiblity for thier animals I got in an argument with this guy because I was removing my dogs because he was bringing his in some nasty stuff was said at a later day I heard his dog attacked a dog HELLO! its fustrating when people are so ignorent

You are right about that, and I'll take the camera next time. I just wanted to stay focused, and help him to enjoy the experience. I suppose that is the difference, really, as some people just kick back and do not want to be responsible for their dogs.