Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Aidog Needs Home.

To Allison to put on the forum

Rescue AI dog in ill … very sad for the owners & the dog, but here are the details on AI dog Jacy. I have Robin’s phone # so e-mail or give me a call for that # if you feel you have a possible home or can take Jacy yourself …. I will put this over the forum first … then I will start calling AI dog owners in ILL or other states close by. He sounds easy to place, so I won’t bother bringing him here first for evaluation - Please contact Kim or Allison for phone # & more details.

From Robin Ori:

Hi, Kim,

It has been a very long time since we've chatted. And now I am smack dab in the middle of a terrible dilemma.

My husband has been unemployed since January of 2009. I have taken on a small part-time job and he does "grunt work" to help pay bills. We have had to cut back and sacrifice quite a lot to keep our home, pay our bills and put food on the table. One of the sacrifices that we have had to make is in caring for our beloved pets.

We have two AI dogs. I cannot even consider giving up the older one. I know that there is no way that he could handle the stress of being placed in a new home at his age and Jacy is younger and much more adaptable.

INFORMATION ON JACY;

Jacy is 5 years old he is a beautiful red and cream with blue eyes very sweet and loves kids, cats and other dogs. It has been quite a while since we have been able to take him to the vet for a check-up, but I am certain he is very healthy never have had any health issues at all. Jacy is a little hard-headed and independant, but he is also very eager to please and is really great about not always trying to be the center of attention. He is not as good off-leash as our other AIdog, but loves to take long walks and is still very trainable for off leash training for some one with more time. As I said, he's great with other dogs, cats and kids, but for lack of a better expression, he is kind of an airhead or silly and loves to play, all the time. My husband always jokes that he must have been dropped on his head as a puppy, as he is so silly and goofy most of the time, kind of a “Scooby Do” kind of guy, but he is very smart at the same time. His only vice is chewing (probably for lack of something better to do) and might need other dogs or more exercise to curb this? He is mildly food aggressive with other dogs but not at all with humans.

He is wonderful with all people and kids of all ages is pretty friendly with everyone that comes into the house, but he does give a kind of "warning bark" when someone first comes in. He is a little more leery, or shy when he is outside whether it's in the yard or on a walk when meeting new people off his territory. I wanted to come to you first before I tried to find a home for him, since it is in the contract, plus you always seem to know what is best for these dogs.

Is there anything else you need to know? I appreciate your help in finding Jacy a good home. I know how much you love these dogs. We do too and that's why we looked to you for help. I didn't even think of trying to find a good situation for him any other way, before talking to you. I'm looking forward to hearing from you. We have held on for as long as can with our financial situation being what it is, but we are looking at the possibility of having to move in with family and two dogs would be too much to ask of any of them.

Thanks, Kim. I hope to hear from you soon.

Robin Ori/Chicago ILL

jacy1.jpg jacy2.jpg

jacy3.jpg

wish I could take him I think I would starve myself first ur hearts must be breaking my blessing are with you

Oh, I hope someone can take him! He does look like a total goofball - I love his eyebrows. It looks like he has two UFOs hovering above his eyes. :lol:

What a beautiful dog. It's wouldn't work for us either, but wow. I really wish his owners could keep him. It makes me really sad.

Hey. I went to my husband and told him how upset I was about Jacy. He said we can't afford two dogs (we are getting a puppy soon) because we are living on basically one income. I told him we need to consider it if no one else can take him.

So I guess what I am saying is we will consider taking him if there is NO ONE else that can. We want to help if we are able. Maybe we can even keep him temporarily until Kim can find a better home? Someone just keep me posted ok.

Robin must be so heart broken. I can't imagine having to give up a dog. I am always trying to save animals from being homeless. Robin, I hope things get better for you.

That is very kind of you. I think Kim will call owners in the area, first, before shipping him to a temporary home.

He is very beautiful, isn't he? I can see some Shappa in his line. Or perhaps the forerunner of Shappa? I don't know, for sure, but you can see the resemblance.

I guess we should be happy that we have not had more of these problems, during this difficult economic time. Hope things pan out for this family, too.

There must be someone who wants to give this beautiful fellow a chance. I hope he will find a new home very soon. I think he's really beautiful.

He is a beauty- alas we are SO far away.. :lol:

GREAT NEWS EVERYONE JACY HAS A NEW HOME MARIA AND KEN ARE TAKING HIM BOY IS HE LUCKY 10 ACREA TO PLAY AND HE HAS CCAHAYA AS A HOUSE MATE SHE IS SOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED !! i JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH HER HE WILL BE PICKED UP NEXT THURSDAY TOLD HER GET MANY PICS :lol:

wish I could take him I think I would starve myself first ur hearts must be breaking my blessing are with you

That is great news! I hope this helps Robin with her painful decision, at least a little.

YAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!

:( :( :D :D :D :D :lol:

Happy for Maria and Ken and Cchaya!

Robin can be a peace with this desision maria is great and she take s Ccahaya out when goes riding so now there will be two she cant wait until me and the boys come up to meet him I cant either it like our own gathering then we can add Bob and spirit in the mix wahooooooooooooo how much fun will that be ? jACY CANT BE ANYTHING BUT HAPPY if Robin makes sure mARIA HAS HER EMAIL SHE CAN SEND PICS TROHER REGULARY SO SHE CAN SEE HIM

That is great news! I hope this helps Robin with her painful decision, at least a little.

Hello Everyone and thanks soooo much for your blessings! We have Kim and Arlene's blessing too. I just e-mailed Kim again and told him that I finally feel like our animal family is complete! Does this make any sense what-so-ever? I cannot even understand why I have felt this way....I guess Jacy was sending a message to us. Linda I think you are as excited as I am!!!! Thanks!!!

I have to tell you that this is so strange...I had emailed Kim about 2 weeks ago saying that I was considering another AIdog...maybe one that he was retiring or one that needed placed...then pops up Jacy on the forum...you all may think this is strange too but before we knew we were getting a female (Chhaya) we told Kim whichever one, male or female, that he thought best for us was fine with us so we were looking at male and female names....Jacy was what we picked out for a male...imagine that....it doesn't stop there...I also love the colors of Jacy....when the pictures came up on the forum for the litters when we got Chhaya, I loved the all black and the colors of Jacy...imagine that!!! This was meant to be. I told Kim yesterday via email that I was getting the same gut feelings that I had when we decided on an AIdog and the same anxiousness that I had before Chhaya got here to us. I was trying not to get my hopes up too much but talking with Robin I knew this was meant to be in the first few minutes of the conversation.....I know this is very difficult for Robin...I sent her pictures of Chhaya and our yard and land so she could have a feel for what Jacy would have. She seems very settled with it as does her children. That makes me very happy. And yes, Linda I will send her pictures so that she knows Jacy is ok. (You are soo thoughtful!!!) I honestly think he will have so much fun here. Robin said he doesn't experience too much outdoors except when they take him to the park, etc. I can hardly contain myself with the excitement, but on the same hand I cannot even imagine what they are feeling...I know this will be hard for them and I told her I can see us both crying when we meet to pick him up. We are about 10 hours and 36 minutes apart. We are meeting halfway. Both of us didn't want to ship him by plane....so as you see THIS WAS SO MEANT TO BE!!!! I cannot wait till next week!!! I will definitely get pictures and post them asap...please keep Robin and her family in your thoughts and prayers....I know we will do fine with Jacy, :lol: but I know this will be hard for them...:(

Bless you Maria. I know if I was in Robins shoes this would be an extremely tough decision to make, but when someone like you comes along with your heart open.....wow. It takes most of the anxiety away and makes the process a lot easier to handle. Sounds like Jacy is part of a greater decision with all of the "quinkie-dinks" that have happened in your decision making. Wishing you all the best. Congratulations to Robin for finding a loving home for Jacy and congratulations to you for stepping up to the plate. He is a beautiful dog "even tho he might have flying saucers for eye brows" B) whew, everyone can relax now.

You guys are the best! And I mean ALL YOU GUYS!

I have always thought it was so cool that Kim insists that we find homes for all our dogs that need them. There have only been a very few, since we started the forum, but the response and outpouring of concern have always made me very proud to be part of this community.

I finally feel like our animal family is complete! Does this make any sense what-so-ever?

It makes total sense to me. That is the same feeling I have had with Little Sitka. It's crazy, but it is right, somewhere deep inside. My family thinks I'm bonkers, and there were times I thought they might be right, but now all is well, and we are a family.

I am so glad that you will be able to meet the owners, and carry Jacy home. I know that might be much more difficult, on many levels. Poor Jacy. Still, I know he will be happy with you, and it will pass.

I do so look forward to hearing how he is adjusting, and to that first time when he expresses love to you and you can see the turning point.

Please say hello to Robin from all of us, and let her know that she is welcome to visit the forum. I don't see that she mentions her older dog's name, but we would all like to meet him, and we appreciate her giving us a chance to help.

You guys are the best! And I mean ALL YOU GUYS!

I have always thought it was so cool that Kim insists that we find homes for all our dogs that need them. There have only been a very few, since we started the forum, but the response and outpouring of concern have always made me very proud to be part of this community.

It makes total sense to me. That is the same feeling I have had with Little Sitka. It's crazy, but it is right, somewhere deep inside. My family thinks I'm bonkers, and there were times I thought they might be right, but now all is well, and we are a family.

I am so glad that you will be able to meet the owners, and carry Jacy home. I know that might be much more difficult, on many levels. Poor Jacy. Still, I know he will be happy with you, and it will pass.

I do so look forward to hearing how he is adjusting, and to that first time when he expresses love to you and you can see the turning point.

Please say hello to Robin from all of us, and let her know that she is welcome to visit the forum. I don't see that she mentions her older dog's name, but we would all like to meet him, and we appreciate her giving us a chance to help.

So very well said, Allison. I've never had to experience the anxiety and heartbreak that Robin and her family are but it's marvelous that Maria could find it in her heart to open it up for another pup. I'm sure it will be an adjustment for both families but he will be a part of another loving family who will show him how much he will be adored. Congrats to Maria and family and wishes for strength for Robin and her family.

JudyK in Michigan

Thank you all so much for your kind words and support for both Robin's family and ours. I too am VERY happy to be part of this community Allison! It will be an adjustment but I honestly think it will be all good. I will definitely keep Robin informed how Jacy adjusts. I believe her older dogs name is Spirit....I would have to ask her again to be sure. I will let her know that she is welcome to visit the forum...we spoke briefly about the forum, but I think it's been quite awhile since she's been on it. I will encourage her to check it out again.

I have spoke to Kim a little about having a Gathering here....I hope that it will work out this year, but if not, I know at least Linda, Mal, Snake and maybe Bob and his dog Spirit can get together sometime soon. I have to say it's all Linda's fault that I needed another AIdog hiccup (just kidding Linda). When Snake and Malachi were here I saw how happy Chhaya was with them and I think at that point was when my heart was opening up to getting another one...like I said then came Jacy!!! I honestly believe it was meant to be and like Miz Molly said Jacy is part of a greater decision.

Please continue to keep all of us in your thoughts and prayers!

Edited by maria
Thank you all so much for your kind words and support for both Robin's family and ours. I too am VERY happy to be part of this community Allison! It will be an adjustment but I honestly think it will be all good. I will definitely keep Robin informed how Jacy adjusts. I believe her older dogs name is Spirit....I would have to ask her again to be sure. I will let her know that she is welcome to visit the forum...we spoke briefly about the forum, but I think it's been quite awhile since she's been on it. I will encourage her to check it out again.

I have spoke to Kim a little about having a Gathering here....I hope that it will work out this year, but if not, I know at least Linda, Mal, Snake and maybe Bob and his dog Spirit can get together sometime soon. I have to say it's all Linda's fault that I needed another AIdog hiccup (just kidding Linda). When Snake and Malachi were here I saw how happy Chhaya was with them and I think at that point was when my heart was opening up to getting another one...like I said then came Jacy!!! I honestly believe it was meant to be and like Miz Molly said Jacy is part of a greater decision.

Please continue to keep all of us in your thoughts and prayers!

i would like to get the dogs together soon to maria that would be great.good luck to both families bob

ry_400.jpg

Bob...that must be Spirit? Do I have the name right?

Beautiful dog.

YUP! That her cutie patoodie :hiccup:

Bob...that must be Spirit? Do I have the name right?

wowo she looks so young there he colors have cjanged a little too

yes you do

yes he is its seems his coloring is disapearing Ihave not seen too many pop out shappa is deffinatly in him some where hiccup

That is very kind of you. I think Kim will call owners in the area, first, before shipping him to a temporary home.

He is very beautiful, isn't he? I can see some Shappa in his line. Or perhaps the forerunner of Shappa? I don't know, for sure, but you can see the resemblance.

I guess we should be happy that we have not had more of these problems, during this difficult economic time. Hope things pan out for this family, too.