Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

What It The Happiest Little Moment In Your Dog's Day?

I asked my sister this, and it was so fun I wanted to ask everyone!

I don't mean

A) dinnertime or

B) walktime.

I mean one of those special little things that is unique, or nearly so, to your dog, or to you and them or their routine.

For Roscoe it is very simple. He loves bedtime, going into our room and getting on his bed. He is a simple dog.

Danza's highlight is, predictably, more complex. She has an honor I've nevever given a dog before - I let her put her upper body in my lap or up on the bed. So her favorite little thing is to jump halfway up on the bed right next to where I am sitting (she has to wait for an invitation, and she stands there looking at the spot and quivering) and then stretch out as much as she can and start to roll around and groan and nudge me and maybe nip at my hand. Best of all is getting her head in my armpit and pushing it up against my arm - that makes her make a lot of noise. It's like a cross between loving and fighting. It gets her all cranked up.

That is a very intimate moment, you describe. Beautiful.

I'll have to think about this answer. Fun, too, because I will have to spend time watching his happy moments.

WOW! Snake has a couple he sounds like Danza he Loves to snuggle as close to me as possible on the couch or the bed and on the bed he has to stretch out on his back with legs wide open if I am rubbing belly he grabs my hands by crossing his front legs and hold s on tight I always say if he got any closer he would go through me but I would not trade it for anything it is kind of comforting the snuggles especially on the couch .

alot of times when he gets on the bed its like he wait for me to go to sleep and he jumps off on to he own bed until morning when he jumps up and does his flip flops around lie tumblesults. hahahah

I asked my sister this, and it was so fun I wanted to ask everyone!

I don't mean

A) dinnertime or

B) walktime.

I mean one of those special little things that is unique, or nearly so, to your dog, or to you and them or their routine.

For Roscoe it is very simple. He loves bedtime, going into our room and getting on his bed. He is a simple dog.

Danza's highlight is, predictably, more complex. She has an honor I've nevever given a dog before - I let her put her upper body in my lap or up on the bed. So her favorite little thing is to jump halfway up on the bed right next to where I am sitting (she has to wait for an invitation, and she stands there looking at the spot and quivering) and then stretch out as much as she can and start to roll around and groan and nudge me and maybe nip at my hand. Best of all is getting her head in my armpit and pushing it up against my arm - that makes her make a lot of noise. It's like a cross between loving and fighting. It gets her all cranked up.

Soul's happiest little moment would be when Briana gets home from school. He sits at the door as soon as he hears the bus and wiggles like a little worm until she comes in the door. She has taught him to sit still until she unloads her backpack and things and then they play a little game of tug o' war with her shoe strings!

Soul's happiest little moment would be when Briana gets home from school. He sits at the door as soon as he hears the bus and wiggles like a little worm until she comes in the door. She has taught him to sit still until she unloads her backpack and things and then they play a little game of tug o' war with her shoe strings!

Great question! Right away I think of two things... one is when I do my yoga in the morning. Chief could be on the other side of the house, but when I roll out the mat, there he is with his toy right on the mat with me. I stretch my leg out in a lunge and he is chewing his toy right on my leg. My favourite time was in savasana (the relaxation pose at the end when I'm laying on my back on the mat) and Chief just climbed up on my legs and settled in. At first I tried to push him off as he's not allowed to climb on people but it was way too cute! Something about the mat just makes him get all playful and loving with me. Annoying sometimes as I'm trying to focus and he gets in the way but then I can't help but laugh... often more effective than the yoga! So, maybe that is my happiest moment! B)

And the other is when we take him to doggy daycare twice a week. Where we live is a fantastic dog daycare where Chief has tons of friends. It gives him a chance to socialize with other dogs while we have longer days at work. He even knows where we are heading when we are about a block away and starts getting excited. And the greeting he gets when he arrives and sees all the other dogs there. And how tired he is when he gets home after a day of free-play with his friends! Doggie heaven...

• 2 months later...

I love this topic! It really made me think; especially since right now I am away from my dogs for a week visiting my family and they are all home with Branden.

Luko~ta's happiest moment has to be when Branden comes home from his walk. He knows when Branden gets about 500 feet from the R.V. and starts telling us. Then when he gets in the door Luko~ta just wiggles from end to end! Branden calls him propeller dog because his tail goes so fast you could swear he was going to take off!

Sage's happy moment would be when someone picks up his rope. His eyes light up and he gets ready for some major tug of war! The other toys are fun; but, nothing compares to a good game of "rope"!

Cy's happy moment has to be cuddle time. She is always within a few feet of me; but, when I call her up to cuddle she lights up like a puppy. Her eyes get so bright and beautiful. She is no lap dog; even though she thinks she is. I will sit on the couch with my back up against the arm and my feet slightly apart going across the cushions; she comes up and lays her head in the middle of my chest, feet about where mine are, and her eyes looking right into mine. We have fallen asleep like that a few times just because we both get so comfortable. She has the best ears and head for petting with her soft long fur. Yeah, it's my happy time too. :)

Thank you for the topic. I miss my dogs just a little less now.

I can see where snake gets his verbalness from Snake has a problem with my son still can not figure it out I know when he is close to the house snake start growling if my son rolls over in bed snake will growl snake is very verbal he has a bark for everything and differnt too but with all the snow and people are out shoveling and snow blowers he driving me nuts he barks everytime someone is near the house if a car is out front snakes favorite thing after a year with me is yes snuggling but he love to run love the dog park or just in nature woods creeks open spaces it dont matters he loves to run run and play I named him snake runner because he ran from everything but now it fits he loves to run and play catch me if you can hahah

I love this topic! It really made me think; especially since right now I am away from my dogs for a week visiting my family and they are all home with Branden.

Luko~ta's happiest moment has to be when Branden comes home from his walk. He knows when Branden gets about 500 feet from the R.V. and starts telling us. Then when he gets in the door Luko~ta just wiggles from end to end! Branden calls him propeller dog because his tail goes so fast you could swear he was going to take off!

Sage's happy moment would be when someone picks up his rope. His eyes light up and he gets ready for some major tug of war! The other toys are fun; but, nothing compares to a good game of "rope"!

Cy's happy moment has to be cuddle time. She is always within a few feet of me; but, when I call her up to cuddle she lights up like a puppy. Her eyes get so bright and beautiful. She is no lap dog; even though she thinks she is. I will sit on the couch with my back up against the arm and my feet slightly apart going across the cushions; she comes up and lays her head in the middle of my chest, feet about where mine are, and her eyes looking right into mine. We have fallen asleep like that a few times just because we both get so comfortable. She has the best ears and head for petting with her soft long fur. Yeah, it's my happy time too. :)

Thank you for the topic. I miss my dogs just a little less now.

I can see where snake gets his verbalness from Snake has a problem with my son still can not figure it out I know when he is close to the house snake start growling if my son rolls over in bed snake will growl snake is very verbal he has a bark for everything and differnt too but with all the snow and people are out shoveling and snow blowers he driving me nuts he barks everytime someone is near the house if a car is out front snakes favorite thing after a year with me is yes snuggling but he love to run love the dog park or just in nature woods creeks open spaces it dont matters he loves to run run and play I named him snake runner because he ran from everything but now it fits he loves to run and play catch me if you can hahah

Shunka is very verbal, he growls a lot in play, it's not aggressive, just a mumble or more if he is getting a rough and tumble from Mike.

His favourite time is when the car keys jingle, he loves to go in the car, he beats us to the front door!