Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Gathering 2009

Sept. 19th , we will be walking to raise money for the Canine Angels. The walk will begin at the Allen Dale Elementary School - 2320 Williams hwy - Grants Pass Oregon.

Map

There will be a frisbee show, by the famous JD and his K9 Kings, and a picnic.

We will be camping at Lake Selmac, the Mallard Loop, for the weekend, and more events and plenty of schmoozing will take place.

Times to follow.

Back to Song Dog Kennels

• 3 weeks later...

Ah, ha, ha, ha! Baby is due......!

We'd be happy to set up a triage tent and deliver the babe. I think that would add a lot to the festivities.

Congratulations!!!! You must be feeling just about every feeling there is to have. And Brittany is feeling a few more feelings than that, I am sure.

We wish you the best, and excuse you from this year's Gathering. We will raise a toast to you, and the new little Taylor. Please let us know how it goes, when you can. We will be thinking of you.

Mazeltov!!

Geez, the rest of us are just trying to teach our dogs to heel....

WOAH WAIT WHAT?!?!?!?! Congrats man -- lolol is this why you were selling your mountain bike? j/k Congrats mine just turned 1 on the 14th! I'll tell you this much I thought I wanted a lil boy but having a daughter is amazing plus you can get her into dogs! Either boy or girl is great! I am very happy for you! So Brit is 8mo.'s into it already?

WOAH WAIT WHAT?!?!?!?! Congrats man -- lolol is this why you were selling your mountain bike? j/k Congrats mine just turned 1 on the 14th! I'll tell you this much I thought I wanted a lil boy but having a daughter is amazing plus you can get her into dogs! Either boy or girl is great! I am very happy for you! So Brit is 8mo.'s into it already?

Ha! I thought it was a well known and documented fact I was having a little girl :D We're due the 24th. And very excited and anxious. (and actually I just wasn't using the bike, and I wanted to buy more camping gear... which I did... and I have the bike ;))

===

Back to your regular scheduled thread...

Wished we could make it this year!

Here are the local establishments that take dogs:

Junction Inn

406 Redwood Hwy

Cave Junction, OR 97523-9686

(541) 592-3106

8 miles from Selma

Map

Holiday Motel

24810 Redwood Hwy

Kerby, OR 97531-9723

(541) 592-3003

6 miles from Selma

Map

Lake Selmac Resort - store, camping & cabins - 541 597-2277

There are also several hotels in Grants Pass, which are 20 miles from Selma.

Kim lives in Selma, the walk is in Grants Pass. We usually wind up at his place, depending on the number of people camping, and sometimes at the campground, both over a campfire, and telling stories, or sometimes people bring instruments.

For those who want to camp at lake Selmac, just down the road from Kim's place, we usually take the "Mallard Loop". The number for reservations: 1-800-452-5687

I'll call tomorrow and make sure it is available. If I know there are a number of people camping, I can reserve several. Otherwise, we'll hook up as we can. Not difficult to find each other. This year is a bit different with the Canine Angels putting on the feast.

Mallard Loop Campground:

15 Full Hook-Up Campsites (50 Amp Service) Site #113 ADA

5 Tent Sites

1 Yurt (Furnished- Electricity- Lighting- Heater) Click here for Yurt Pictures

6 Additional Tent Sites in Area

ADA Restroom Facility w/ Showers

Blue Gill Picnic Shelter- Seats 50 People- Sink w/ Counter, Electricity, Lighting, Large Barbeque, Fire Ring

Horseshoes- Multiple Nature Trail Systems

We stayed at the Holiday Motel when we came down to get Danza, and the owner was really nice, stayed up late so we could check in, the room was clean, the price was very reasonable. We just stayed one night but I'd stay there again. You get your own little cabin-type motel room, ours was very roomy. It is very un-glamorous and there is very little nearby, so bring food, etc.

I will not be able to get there until Saturday afternoon - will I be there in time to meet other people and let Koka visit with Kim? Also, how long will the walk in Grants Pass last? Maybe I could catch the end of it.

• 2 weeks later...

I spoke with Kim last night and he wanted me to pass this on to everyone who is planning on going to the Dog Walk.

The meeting place and starting point has been changed from the Elementary School to:

The All Sports Park behind the Fair Grounds where M St dead ends after it crosses 7th St.

Have a great time and wish I could make it this year!

We will be there! We haven't been able to come to the gathering before, but are very anxious to attend this year.

Tolo, John, Judy and Buck

McCormick

Albany, OR

Hey Judy, long time since I've talked with you. We need to get the dogs together again some time. Maybe we could meet again where we did last time.

So glad your going to the gathering. We too have never been but again it doesn't work into my schedule. Take lots of pictures of the doggies and you and John have a great trip down.

Lisa and Hawk

Hey Judy, long time since I've talked with you. We need to get the dogs together again some time. Maybe we could meet again where we did last time.

So glad your going to the gathering. We too have never been but again it doesn't work into my schedule. Take lots of pictures of the doggies and you and John have a great trip down.

Lisa and Hawk

GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU TOO! WE'D LOVE TO GET TOGETHER. LET'S TALK AFTER THE GATHERING.

JUDY

Hello all! We just returned from our camping holiday. I will update this thread asap. Thanks Todd, for letting everyone know the new location. For those of you that have been following, that was the first location, that did not want dogs. Perhaps the newspaper story changed their minds. In any case, the sports center will allow us to sit on bleachers to watch JD's show. It will be brilliant!

Hope you all have a lot of fun at the gathering !

I wish and hope that one of the coming years we will be able to come over and join you.

We would love to come to the States !

Sandra, we will look forward to that day, very much.

I have updated the Gathering info. It is pinned to the top of the public "News" forum, or you can click here.

Sandra, we will look forward to that day, very much.

I have updated the Gathering info. It is pinned to the top of the public "News" forum, or you can click here.

Hello All; I am Michael Oneroad, Scout's new owner.John S and I plan on comming down for part of the day on saturday. We have to do a ceremony in the area so we won't be able to stay long. Just joined this site today with a suggestion from Todd. I meant to before but you know how busy can get the best of you, just have to take the time to do it and quit comming up with excuses right?Bwahahaha I understand that there are many owners of Scout's pups and would welcome anybody who would like to corrispond or just want to call and say "Hello". You can catch me at moneroad@yahoo.com or call me at 503-960-1999. I live in Portland Oregon so anybody close by can maybe meet up to walk our dogs together. Scout is adjusting quite well and he loves me so much that he always stays within 3 feet of me. He jumps up on the bed and sleeps on top at the foot of my California king size bed and has to sit next to me with his head on my lap when I'm sitting on the couch. He's also very jelous of the computer and pushes my hands away from the keyboard with his nose.He loves Buffalo meat and fresh bones otherwise he's a very picky eater. Won't eat milkbones or dog treats. He also loves my neighbors baby and she just laughs and laughs when I bring Scout over. Wow didn't mean to write a book Bwahahaha so I'll close here and when I get a pic I will post it here. Toksha Ake, Michael

Look forward to meeting you. I can just see Scout pushing your hands off the computer...very fun.

Ho! Thanks for asking! Took me a while to get through the photos, and then to match names with photos....

You must have been posting this, while I was posting that.

here it is Gathering Report