Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Camping At Lake Michigan -

We are undertaking 4 days at Lake Michigan with Soul starting on Sunday morning. We found a KOA that is really dog-friendly in Muskegon and a near by park that has a small dog beach that is on Lake Michigan. He got his new doggie life jacket today - as we realized last week he's afraid of sinking...when we put him on the float - he loved it!

Pictures will be posted as we go along - as the campsite also has wireless Internet! Bwahahaha...

One thing we did find as we planned this short vaca is the state of Michigan is not dog friendly along the lakeshore. Kinda depressed us as we love the big lake and love taking our guy with us!

And yes - we had to buy a new tent in order to give him room! The thing is HUGE...2 large rooms that each fit a queen size air mattress and a screened in "sitting" area! We figure Soul will have his own room.

Watch for pictures - they will be uploaded to Photobucket and then I will post a few here!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Soul, Debi, Brian, and Briana!

Sounds like fun. Love to see pictures of Soul in the life jacket.

Debi is this the trip you just posted on facebook. Sol is fastly becoming handsome like he is coming out of the cute adolescent phase. Bwahahaha however his demeanor/mischievousness may not be following his looks. He is still a cute guy.

Debi is this the trip you just posted on facebook. Sol is fastly becoming handsome like he is coming out of the cute adolescent phase. Bwahahaha however his demeanor/mischievousness may not be following his looks. He is still a cute guy.

This problem of dog's not being allowed is rife over here too, I get more problems from having to avoid the horse dropping in the village, they are allowed to do it and leave it, I would get fined up to a £1000 for not picking up the dog's leavings, and it ain't so much!!

This problem of dog's not being allowed is rife over here too, I get more problems from having to avoid the horse dropping in the village, they are allowed to do it and leave it, I would get fined up to a £1000 for not picking up the dog's leavings, and it ain't so much!!

Folks being lazy and not cleaning up after the dogs is the reason they're banned from the shorelines here too. We have people that don't live in our village walk their dogs, poop on our sidewalk and lawn and keep going. When I see it happen I go out, ask them nicely (real nice!!!! :D ) to clean it up and they look at me like I have three eyes. Then I get snippy!! That's the reason - it's always the few that spoil it for all.

Judy K in Michigan

Folks being lazy and not cleaning up after the dogs is the reason they're banned from the shorelines here too. We have people that don't live in our village walk their dogs, poop on our sidewalk and lawn and keep going. When I see it happen I go out, ask them nicely (real nice!!!! :D ) to clean it up and they look at me like I have three eyes. Then I get snippy!! That's the reason - it's always the few that spoil it for all.

Judy K in Michigan

I hear you!!!!! Nothing p....s me off more than irresponsable pet owners. I usually carry extra poop bags just for that reason. I have gone up to people and handed them a bag saying "oh, you must of forgot your bag". So far no one has gotten upset with me but again they have no reason too when they know they did wrong.

Lisa

I hear you!!!!! Nothing p....s me off more than irresponsable pet owners. I usually carry extra poop bags just for that reason. I have gone up to people and handed them a bag saying "oh, you must of forgot your bag". So far no one has gotten upset with me but again they have no reason too when they know they did wrong.

Lisa

We do the same thing! People are amazed that there isn't 'poop laying around the yard' have three of these kids. Ya wanna say, pick it up after they poop - come on folks it's not rocket science - just laziness on their part. You don't know how my tongue hurts from biting it listening to some of these fools and their reasons!!! I want to slap them!! :D

UPDATE:

Our trip went well and yes - there are pics posted on Facebook. What has happened since our arrival at home is what has had me away from our forum and life in general.

My mom in law (who I love by the way) had a massive hemorrhagic stroke with intense bleeding 2 hours before we arrived home on Wednesday. They did get a clot removed and she has been in a semi-coma since. Yesterday the doctor told our family it did not look good - although she is breathing a little on her own.

Hell is what this is - and with her wishes of no machines - we are in a conundrum. Sunday is "D-Day" and we will probably be taking her off the ventilator completely to see is she can survive without it. They are telling us that the only brain activity she has is her "primitive" activity - which causes reflexes to work such as breathing.

I'm not sure...and I'm not the one who has to decide. I just know she was adamant about not living in a vegetative state or with machines.

More pics to be posted ...as the Internet has now become my safe haven...but here are a few...the dog beach ones ARE few but GREAT! He ventured into the water a few times after a "friend" but when it hit his elbows he scooted away. There is one below with the joyful look on his face that just cracks me up!

He loved playing with the "big" dogs and then he was taught a lesson by a 3.5 month old St. Bernard pup...female to boot! Bwahahaha

Enjoy and more to follow VERY soon...

P1140126.JPG

P1140164.JPG

P1140157.JPG

P1140193.JPG

Sorry to hear about your Mom in law. My best to your family.

Great pictures. Wow! He is really growing! He's got your smile.

UPDATE:

Our trip went well and yes - there are pics posted on Facebook. What has happened since our arrival at home is what has had me away from our forum and life in general.

My mom in law (who I love by the way) had a massive hemorrhagic stroke with intense bleeding 2 hours before we arrived home on Wednesday. They did get a clot removed and she has been in a semi-coma since. Yesterday the doctor told our family it did not look good - although she is breathing a little on her own.

Hell is what this is - and with her wishes of no machines - we are in a conundrum. Sunday is "D-Day" and we will probably be taking her off the ventilator completely to see is she can survive without it. They are telling us that the only brain activity she has is her "primitive" activity - which causes reflexes to work such as breathing.

I'm not sure...and I'm not the one who has to decide. I just know she was adamant about not living in a vegetative state or with machines.

More pics to be posted ...as the Internet has now become my safe haven...but here are a few...the dog beach ones ARE few but GREAT! He ventured into the water a few times after a "friend" but when it hit his elbows he scooted away. There is one below with the joyful look on his face that just cracks me up!

He loved playing with the "big" dogs and then he was taught a lesson by a 3.5 month old St. Bernard pup...female to boot! Bwahahaha

Enjoy and more to follow VERY soon...

Hi Debi!

Sorry to hear of your mother in law. I lost my mother in law last year. SHe had the same wishes and my husband and sister in law made the decision to let her go. She had a no help clause - comfort only. She would have haunted us for the rest of our lives if we didn't honor her wishes. She was more of a mother to me than my own mother! A marvelous woman. She died in her 90s. She was a pistol!!

We just came back from Copper Harbor and Eagle River today. That's up in the UP. Was absolutely beautiful but so damn cold!!!!

Hey, by the way, I love your ink!!!

Judy K in Michigan

Thank you everyone for the well wishes for my MIL...Sunday flew by and they saw some improvement - but today the doctor and surgeon said the damage is extensive and tomorrow at 2 pm the family is meeting to make a final decision. The stress is pulling the boys in 100 different directions. I'm just glad it's not my decision to make.

Bwahahaha Allison - he has my smile, huh? ROFLMAO!! I guess he does! He is getting bigger every day - today he reached the table with his tail and took out an ashtray, Diet Coke and candle with one swipe - man those tails are like little whips!

Thanks Judy on the ink - I'm heading over to get another one (have a total of 13 right now) in August. Each on means something and the new one will have more tribal and Celtic mixed with an owl or something to represent Mom's struggle.

Here are a few more of the trip! The first one is our biggest laugh when we saw it - no - there were no dogs injured in the taking of this picture! The second one is of the "big" dogs and Soul, and the last one is one of my faves!! Enjoy!

P1140222.JPG

P1140154.JPG

P1140209.JPG

he is so handsome looks likeyou wore him out too hahah hard day of playing

Thank you everyone for the well wishes for my MIL...Sunday flew by and they saw some improvement - but today the doctor and surgeon said the damage is extensive and tomorrow at 2 pm the family is meeting to make a final decision. The stress is pulling the boys in 100 different directions. I'm just glad it's not my decision to make.

Bwahahaha Allison - he has my smile, huh? ROFLMAO!! I guess he does! He is getting bigger every day - today he reached the table with his tail and took out an ashtray, Diet Coke and candle with one swipe - man those tails are like little whips!

Thanks Judy on the ink - I'm heading over to get another one (have a total of 13 right now) in August. Each on means something and the new one will have more tribal and Celtic mixed with an owl or something to represent Mom's struggle.

Here are a few more of the trip! The first one is our biggest laugh when we saw it - no - there were no dogs injured in the taking of this picture! The second one is of the "big" dogs and Soul, and the last one is one of my faves!! Enjoy!

Boy, that last picture... It is always hard to see the puppy leaving, but he is turning into a spectacular dog.

Boy, that last picture... It is always hard to see the puppy leaving, but he is turning into a spectacular dog.

He has proven his worth over the last few days. On Tuesday evening we removed my MIL, Judy, from life support and she passed to the Summerland exactly 24 hours later. My FIL is taking it as expected ...as are her sons. Soul has become the "comfort" dog as our house has become central station.

Soul lays on my FIL's lap and allows him to stroke his ears as he stares off into space. He is snuggling with my husband, constantly checking to make sure Brian is okay. When the mood gets too somber - Soul grabs a toy and runs like a banshee through the house getting everyone laughing. When my niece (who is pregnant and Soul loves her belly) started to cry...Soul licked her toes until she giggled...that is a new game for him now. When I created Judy's legacy website this morning, my pup laid his head on my lap and watched me type my heart out and then licked the tears from my cheeks and chin.

THANK YOU for a wonderful dog, Kim! THANK YOU ALL for allowing me into your pack and convincing me that this was the dog for us.

He is turning into quite the little man and takes his role as the family clown and comforter very seriously. For all of this he has now earned a new leather "stud" collar and he looks quite manly in it! LMAO...he just lifted his head off my foot and then tore a** through the house as if to prove to me that he is still my little wild child!

He has proven his worth over the last few days. On Tuesday evening we removed my MIL, Judy, from life support and she passed to the Summerland exactly 24 hours later. My FIL is taking it as expected ...as are her sons. Soul has become the "comfort" dog as our house has become central station.

Soul lays on my FIL's lap and allows him to stroke his ears as he stares off into space. He is snuggling with my husband, constantly checking to make sure Brian is okay. When the mood gets too somber - Soul grabs a toy and runs like a banshee through the house getting everyone laughing. When my niece (who is pregnant and Soul loves her belly) started to cry...Soul licked her toes until she giggled...that is a new game for him now. When I created Judy's legacy website this morning, my pup laid his head on my lap and watched me type my heart out and then licked the tears from my cheeks and chin.

THANK YOU for a wonderful dog, Kim! THANK YOU ALL for allowing me into your pack and convincing me that this was the dog for us.

He is turning into quite the little man and takes his role as the family clown and comforter very seriously. For all of this he has now earned a new leather "stud" collar and he looks quite manly in it! LMAO...he just lifted his head off my foot and then tore a** through the house as if to prove to me that he is still my little wild child!

So sorry Debi for your loss. I lost my mother in law last Wed. She is at peace now and no longer in pain. We lost her to breast cancer. I know what you are all going through. In fact my father in law is handling it better than I had expected, but of course he too has allot of support. We are having him over for a bbq and later go and listen to an out door concert this evening.

You and your family are in my prayers.

Lisa and Hawk

It is so cool how they "know" something is up, and fill in where they are needed. I never cease to be amazed by their sensitivity.

Debi, I'm sorry to hear about your MIL. These times are hard for the family and I'm so glad to know Solo is doing his part and doing it so well. It's the little things that help with the big things!

Peace and love to you and your family!

Todd

So sorry Debi for your loss. I lost my mother in law last Wed. She is at peace now and no longer in pain. We lost her to breast cancer. I know what you are all going through. In fact my father in law is handling it better than I had expected, but of course he too has allot of support. We are having him over for a bbq and later go and listen to an out door concert this evening.

You and your family are in my prayers.

Lisa and Hawk

Lisa,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss too! It is good your FIL has your support and that of the family. Dad is handling it much better now that she has gone across to the Summerland. He knows now that the decisions that had to be made were the right ones. He told me today he has his appetite back...that is the step we needed for him to take!!!

My thoughts and prayers are with you also - take care!

Well, life is getting back to normal! Here is a another quick shot of Soul. He loves to climb and this stump is on top of the hill overlooking the lake. He'll sit there just staring out at the water...but he won't go near the lakeshore! :-)

Also, he now has an affliction for frogs and bugs...he goes nuts for them! It is really funny to watch him chase the frogs - we are trying to get a vid of it - he actually "hops" after them like he's imitating them!!!

soul_2.jpg

soul_7_27_09.jpg

Well, life is getting back to normal! Here is a another quick shot of Soul. He loves to climb and this stump is on top of the hill overlooking the lake. He'll sit there just staring out at the water...but he won't go near the lakeshore! :-)

Also, he now has an affliction for frogs and bugs...he goes nuts for them! It is really funny to watch him chase the frogs - we are trying to get a vid of it - he actually "hops" after them like he's imitating them!!!

So sorry to hear of your loss Debi, but so glad that you have Soul to help you through.I lost my mum the same way, but she died before reaching hospital, so never had your hard decisdion to make, but I know she would have prefered it that way too, as her mental capacity would have been damaged and she wouldn't have wanted to live that way either.

Keep remembering the good times with a smile, it will become easier in time believe me, but it always hurts so at first.

Watching these pups grow really gives me a sense of time flowing by rapidly.

I'd love to see that frog chase. Glad to hear you see the frogs in numbers enough to chase!

So sorry to hear of your loss Debi, but so glad that you have Soul to help you through.I lost my mum the same way, but she died before reaching hospital, so never had your hard decisdion to make, but I know she would have prefered it that way too, as her mental capacity would have been damaged and she wouldn't have wanted to live that way either.

Keep remembering the good times with a smile, it will become easier in time believe me, but it always hurts so at first.

Thank you, Liz. Each day is a little easier but I know it will take time. I am amazed at how well my husband and father in law are handling it - although after that week - we were all well prepared for the worst.

It does make us appreciate the little time we do have on this earth - each day is a new beginning and we are living it that way!~

Watching these pups grow really gives me a sense of time flowing by rapidly.

I'd love to see that frog chase. Glad to hear you see the frogs in numbers enough to chase!

It is farkin' hilarious! After this last drought and then rain storms - they are in the hundreds! I can't stand to have on shoes but now have to if walking thru the yard as they are ALL over! We have tree frogs, these little leopard looking ones, some regular old green ones and today say one that had a little bit of a blue green tint. It's crazy!

• 2 weeks later...
It is farkin' hilarious! After this last drought and then rain storms - they are in the hundreds! I can't stand to have on shoes but now have to if walking thru the yard as they are ALL over! We have tree frogs, these little leopard looking ones, some regular old green ones and today say one that had a little bit of a blue green tint. It's crazy!

Here is his official: "Oh - Mom I almost caught that polka dotted frog" look!

And here is the updated album Solstice "Soul" Son Photos

P1140312.JPG

P1140425.JPG

Edited by Debi
Here is his official: "Oh - Mom I almost caught that polka dotted frog" look!

And here is the updated album Solstice "Soul" Son Photos

The second photo is the look he gave me this morning when I told him to stop messing with Geddy Lee! At least he no longer jumps and snaps at us when we discipline him! Bwahahaha...but if looks could kill!!