Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

More Frisbee

As much as I hate to admit it, today was the first day I could feel good about throwing, and I felt so good, that I don't remember if I changed arms. So I might be dragging one arm, like an Igor, tomorrow.

As I said before, he is as out of shape as I am, and so I was saved from total annihilation by his limits. But we did have a great time, and made progress with our jumping over me trick.

At first, he did want to run around, but I did not let go of the frisbee, so soon he had to jump over me. He jumped back and forth over my leg, and then I said Higher! Up he went.

We are still a long way off from Big Air Bella, but fun is the purpose and goal, and we did achieve that.

Hey Todd! Any news on your potential rise to fame?

Having fun is what it's all about. Good job on the over.

No news on my rise to fame. Bwahahaha! I tried to hit them up on the WTF trick but still have not heard from them.

I did get a food sponsor!! Any guesses as to who?

Todd

A food sponsor......it's got to be big. Milk Bones? Purina?

Someone else guess. I don't know.. Oh, oh, oh! Iams?

Wait, wait... No, I can't guess. I'm so out of the popular world, TV, etc.

Congratulations though. I'm chomping at the bit.

Thanks!

Chick fil a.... funny!

Canidae. I was wondering if anyone noticed my signature at the bottom!

It's a basic sponsorship at this point. They feed Bella I pimp their name!

It's not a big hit for them but at $50 for 30 pounds it helps me out.

They don't advertise on tv but a very good dry food for those of us that don't even cook for ourselves!! All natural human grade food plus a grain free option which is what we use.

See I just earned a free bag!! Bwahahaha see how it works! My hope is to turn it into a little travel money as we approach the World Finals.

Keep those dogs busy no matter what you do.

Todd

congratulations tod! I'm going to look into that and also the raw food on the other thread.

On another note...

Have you heard of Melissa Heeter and ariel ally over here on the east coast? She is a trainer close by me that I talked to. Think I'm might go w/ her eventually. Obedience, dog psychology, and of course FRISBEE

disc dog training in Ga

Yes I know her. She won a World Title in 1997 with Ariel Asah, Ariel moved on a couple of weeks ago. I have not met her personally but did chat with her a couple of times. She has lots to teach! Let me know how it goes if you do hook up with her.

Thanks for the props!

Todd

Todd, let's put an announcement and link onto the public forum. That should help your new career as a pimp.

What do you think?

sweet todd ! LOLOLOL b/c when I spoke to her yesterday I said I have a friend in cali w/ a great dog named bella. (I tell my son its not what ya know but who you know hahaha) Anyways I was talking w/ her and dropped your name and she was like there are alot of bellas in the frisbee nation but only a couple todds that she knew of and one was on the west coast. So she remembered you.

See if we were out by you I'd just come hang out w/ you mostly b/c you have great taste in music hahaha.

Good to know that she is reputable there are alot of would be trainers that talk the talk but don't really walk the walk.

Thanks Todd

You got our support from Ga. man. Lets all help todd pimp himself out. Hey if your sponsor is good quality food then we may try it too.

Allison what now you want to be my pimp?!! I'm good with that!

Jason,

tell your son the new saying is "It's not what you know or even who you know, but it's who knows you" That's my version. Hey if your ever out this way I would love to hang out. Most of the music I would really like to use in my routine has too many F bombs so I have to tone it down. But funny we are talking about this because I'm about two weeks away from finishing a song I wrote for Big Air Bella. It's in the studio right now getting mixed. It's either going to be a total joke or it will be so cool everyone will want to change their dog's name to Bella so they can use the song. Bwahahaha! You guys will get a preview when it's done.

Canidae is a great food! Let me know if you try it and what you think. I personally like the way it taste much better with 2% milk!

Todd

I personally like the way it taste much better with 2% milk!

Todd

hahaha 2% you sissy if you gonna eat the kibble ya gotta eat it w/ whole milk. Everyone knows that.

I'll take ya up on stoppin by if/when we are in cali. again I work in cali via computer in Ga. so who knows boss might throw another christmas party or something so we might end up back out there someday.

I personally like the way it taste much better with 2% milk!

Todd

Hmmm. I don't yet have anything planned for dinner....

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Todd I just found out more about canidae as a good kibble. So do you get and discounts for friends or what. I want to go to the raw diet but we need a freezer so for now its kibble and I hear Canidae is one of the best. THought I would ask you first since your in the "know". Now I'm going to google it and see where I can get it.

Frisbees: I have been rolling the frisbee to see if SHelby will go after it but she just looks at it. She fetches but them gets bored. We're still gonna keep trying. I think she just needs to meet a real frisbee professional.

haha no discount sorry. If you knock on my door I'll throw you a kibble or two though! However, the store you buy it from can get or has $5 off that they get from the local rep. if they don't have them ask them to ask the rep to get some for you to use. I use the ALS grain free. I have a testimonial on their site dated 11/08. It includes a video clip from the local newspaper. It really is a great food.

Use the frisbee as a food bowl for a week or so and then see if her interest in fetching it is higher.

Edited by Todd

A friend sent me a couple of pictures that she took from the Ashley Whippet in November. It was pretty cool having these two kids come up to me after the event telling me Bella was their favorite dog there.

I asked them if they wanted a Bella frisbee and they asked me to sign it. It's my first autograph!

Thought I would share it with you!

ToddNov_2008_227.jpg

here's the other oneNov_2008_226.jpg

Congratulations, Todd! Getting asked for that first autograph is always a rush. Brian still had the pics up in the "jam" room from his first autograph request...I just wish it had been a Frisbee he had signed! Bwahahaha

Drummers in rock bands more likely than not ALWAYS get asked to sign female body parts...and this was two of those! ;-)

Congratulations Todd! That is awesome! Great faces on those kids, too. Although their noses are kind of short and hairless.

Drummers in rock bands more likely than not ALWAYS get asked to sign female body parts...and this was two of those! ;-)

EWWWW brian has autographed body parts on the wall? Kind of creepy.....Bwahahaha

Congrats TODD!! thats awesome.

EWWWW brian has autographed body parts on the wall? Kind of creepy.....Bwahahaha

ROFLMAO Jason! It took me a minute but then I got it - had to put away my politically correct sense of humor to take a second look - no - not the actual parts (although I wondered where that smell came from) but pics of the girls and him signing the "nice racks" as his guitarist stated!

Hey I got some awesome news last night and would like to share it with my tribe!

We got invited to compete in the Purina Incredible Dog Challenge!!!

They invite four teams for disc dogs. They usually have an open try out the day before and take the top two placements to compete with the invitee's. I thought for sure we were going to have to crash the party and secure one of the two open spots. Well now that we are invited. THE PARTY IS ON!!!! We will turn it into the BIG AIR BELLA SHOW!!

The main reason I'm so excited about it is hopefully we move on to the finals in October at the Purina compound in Missouri. My family lives close enough to drive out and watch us play! That is a big thing for me! When I started and heard about the PIDC it has been a goal of mine to be a part of it.

Well there you have it! Now off to get a root canal......

Todd

When I started and heard about the PIDC it has been a goal of mine to be a part of it.

Well there you have it! Now off to get a root canal......

Todd

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and eww root canal boo hiss hope ya feel better

Woo Hoo!!!!!!!