Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Another Pit Bull Attack

Remember that every day more people die by car accidents and attacks by pigs then they do by dog bites.

Every dog attack is one to many but people all learn to ride cars and still manage to kill each other.

It seems to be in the nature off man to compete with each other. My car is faster, my house is bigger, my horse jumps higher, I make more money, my cat is better looking, and also my dog is stronger.

We all like it when they say our dogs are beautiful!

It is hard to raise your dog to behave all the time but when you get a dog (or any other pet) your responsible for him and his actions just as you are when you have been blessed with children.

These are just some of my thoughts.

Do you know when they are moving?

Should be about three months, now. I can see you like the bake sale idea. :D

They have been good about keeping them in the kennel, which means lots of barking.

It will be interesting to see how the dynamics in the neighborhood change, when they leave.

• 6 months later...

I am happy to report that the pitbulls and their people have moved. It has been interesting over the last two weeks, to watch the change in the neighborhood. My husband can sleep in on the weekends, I can be outside without being viciously barked at, and in fear. Although, I think after we fought them off, they started to be nicer to me.

But the most interesting change is in the other dogs of the neighborhood. Each week, there is noticeably less barking. They seem to be returning to their old selves, barking for dog reasons, and not out of frustration. Even Coyo has started to go back to his more quiet self.

Aaahhhhh.....

I am happy to report that the pitbulls and their people have moved. It has been interesting over the last two weeks, to watch the change in the neighborhood. My husband can sleep in on the weekends, I can be outside without being viciously barked at, and in fear. Although, I think after we fought them off, they started to be nicer to me.

But the most interesting change is in the other dogs of the neighborhood. Each week, there is noticeably less barking. They seem to be returning to their old selves, barking for dog reasons, and not out of frustration. Even Coyo has started to go back to his more quiet self.

Aaahhhhh.....

That is the best news!! Everyone can now relax and have the peace and quiet (don't know about that) that the neighborhood was used to until the 'holligans' moved in!!!!

Seriously, for safety sake, I'm glad they're gone from your area but pity the neighborhood they're moving into. It's too bad you didn't know where they went, so you could give the neighbors a 'heads up' on the danger and behaviour of these particular dogs.

Judy K in Michigan

They moved to Brazil. I figure if there is any trouble, the dogs will be dealt with.

I am still considering writing to the animal control, though, now they they won't be euthanized. There was another attack here, two pits attacked a lady in her 70's. She was simply walking down the street. Disfigured her terribly, and of course, she's lucky that other people came to help her, and that she's alive.

I just would like them to take it more seriously when neighbors complain. It should alert them that the owners are not being responsible. They should be checked more often if they have complaints or offenses.

These people behind us have this 10ft fence, and the dogs were out many times, in the few years they lived here. We have a three foot fence, and my dog has never been out of it in 7 years. But then, I don't leave him out there and studiously ignore him, either.

I'm getting a little riled, aren't I. I should be celebrating.

Do you know who your new neighbors are? Or can you make your garden bigger by buying the property yourself ;) .

Wouldn't that be nice. Then we could get some distance on those frisbees. Actually, it's the mother of the young lad with the dogs. She vacated the house for them, and has moved back now that they are gone.

I've only met her once through the fence. I should start on the right foot, and say a proper hello.