Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to American Indian Dogs

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Calling All Parents With A June 22nd Pup

Our Koda has gotten recurrent urinary tract infections. Our vet asked if any of her siblings are experiencing the same thing because if that is the case, knowing that, will help diagnose the problem. I guess there could be genetic disorders related to urinary tract infections. Look forward to hearing from all of you...

Have you tried acidophilus? I know that can work. Especially if she had antibiotics, her friendly bacteria have been killed off, and need to be replaced to promote a healthy environment throughout the mucus membranes of the system--just like people.

I've seen many "chronic" cases of urinary tract infection, in people, totally disappear after a course of acidophilus.

I get the kind with goat's milk, and Coyo just laps it up, right out of my palm. I gave it to him after his hospital stay--when he was neutered--always after a course of antibiotics. Good for the digestive tract, too.

There are many article on the internet, that you can read. They are a bit personal, so I didn't post one, but they are easy to find. All say basically the same thing, that the presence of friendly bacteria, reduces the risk of developing the unfriendly bacteria that cause Urinary Tract Infections, or UTI's.

Have you tried acidophilus? I know that can work. Especially if she had antibiotics, her friendly bacteria have been killed off, and need to be replaced to promote a healthy environment throughout the mucus membranes of the system--just like people.

we use bio-K for the acidophilus, it's in the refrigerated section of health food stores. it's pricey but very potent. great idea allison.

• 4 months later...

This looks like an older post but was curious what the outcome on the urinary tract infection was. I have 6/22/07 male pup, Hawk. He's had no problems. I know females tent towards more infections as they often touch the ground urinating. Some reoccur for sometime usully improving with age. [indent

]

100_9357.JPG[/indent]

This looks like an older post but was curious what the outcome on the urinary tract infection was. I have 6/22/07 male pup, Hawk. He's had no problems. I know females tent towards more infections as they often touch the ground urinating. Some reoccur for sometime usully improving with age.

Koda, who was born on 6/22, had recurrent urinary tract infections, then mysteriously stopped. Our second one, Shilah, born on 12/19, had one, but now it is gone and i hope it never comes back!!!

Edited by Karen
Koda, who was born on 6/22, had recurrent urinary tract infections, then mysteriously stopped. Our second one, Shilah, born on 12/19, had one, but now it is gone and i hope it never comes back!!!

Thanks for the update. I'd heard that can happen more with females and that it often just goes away with age. So glad that was the case with both Koda and Shilah.